Noosphere involved in more and more FAI projects
Dec 06, 2019
Noosphere has been a global technical partner of the World Air Sports Federation (Fédération aéronautique Internationale, FAI) since early 2017.
Our main role for the Federation has been to create a cutting edge event management system called eNavigator, which aims to provide everything needed to organize and host a world-class air sports competition.
The system’s applications include creating event websites, integrating with FAI databases, receiving scores from external scoring systems, and registering competitors – a function that will be used at the 2019 FAI World Drone Racing Championship Grand Final in December, following the success of the system at the 2018 FAI World Drone Racing Championships and at The World Games 2017.
The next step is to create a version of the system that can be used at all FAI competitions and to ensure the system is ready to handle the FAI’s flagship event: the multi-sport FAI World Air Games in 2022.
About 2019 FAI World Drone Racing Championship Grand Final
A total of 112 pilots will compete over four days on 11-14 December 2019 for the title of FAI World Drone Racing Champion.
Among the 112 participating pilots, 103 drone pilots, including 40 juniors and nine women, will compete as part of 31 national teams. In addition, six pilots from four different countries will participate as individual competitors qualified from the 2019 FAI Drone Racing World Cup ranking, plus three pilots for the additional wild cards attributed to the host country.
Follow our Facebook page to know more about space investment
Read more from Noosphere Ventures:
- Noosphere Ventures aims to build an integrated space powerhouse: Q&A with managing partner Max Polyakov
- Noosphere Venture Partners Supports International Student Art Contest
- EOS Data Analytics to Launch the first agriculture-focused satellite constellation by 2024
- General Atomics Awards Contract to Firefly Aerospace Inc. to Launch NASA’s Multi-Angle Imager for Aerosols Mission
- NASA Awards Firefly Aerospace $93.3M to Deliver Suite of Payloads to the Moon in 2023
- SETS to Demonstrate In-Space Performance as Part of Firefly Aerospace’s Debut Alpha Launch
- Firefly Black Awarded NASA Venture Class Launch Services Demonstration 2 Contract
- EOS Data Analytics to Launch a Satellite with Dragonfly Multispectral Imagers in 2022
- D-Orbit launches its first ION Satellite Carrier
- Firefly aims to debut its Alpha rocket this fall