Q3 2019 Edition Of Venture Investments In Space Industry
Oct 24, 2019
Welcome to the Q3 2019 edition of Venture Investments in Space Industry.
Let’s take a look at a detailed report on venture investment in the space industry, prepared by Noosphere Ventures.
According to public figures collected by Noosphere Ventures, 60 rounds were closed in Q3 2019, with a total investment of US$409M. Nearly 146 funds participated in the funding. Most of the closed contracts were both early-stage and later-stage VC, and Accelerator/Incubator as well.
Almost half of the companies (44%) which received investment are in the US. Compare to Q2 2019 numbers, the European market share grew by 10%.
Among the top 3 biggest deals of Q3 2019 are:
- US$100M investment in Synspective – the investment will help strengthen the company’s SAR satellite development, manufacturing systems, and solutions development;
- US$70M investment in HawkEye 360 – this financing capitalizes the company’s business plan to include buildout and launch of the HawkEye 360 commercial satellite constellation and development of the company’s line of RF analytic products by 2021;
- US$40M investment in Spire, which operates a constellation of satellites that provide weather, tracking and other data. The funds will be used for further development of analytics products and expansion into the Asia-Pacific market.
The second group of largest funding deals sees Momentus Space (US$25.5M), PlanetIQ (US$18.7M), SWISSto12 (US$18.5M) and Ursa Major Technologies (US$15.5M).
Q3 report highlights Noosphere Ventures (investments in Firefly Aerospace), Space Angels Network (investments in SpaceX and Planet) and Seraphim Capital (investments in Spire and Iceye) as top funds with successful space-tech oriented portfolio.
About Noosphere Ventures
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with roots in Ukraine, Noosphere boasts a Texas-based satellite manufacturing company and an R&D facility in Dnipro, Ukraine fully equipped with 3D printers for testing satellite components.
Max Polyakov is the founder and advisor of a number of startups that have grown into international businesses. These include companies such as HitDymanics Ltd., IT-Ukraine, Cupid Plc. and Maxymiser Ltd.
Furthermore, Noosphere Ventures manages a global portfolio of companies with offices in 16 countries and 5,500 employees. Noosphere Ventures has invested over US$100M in the small-satellite launch vehicle startup Firefly Aerospace, as well as investing in the Earth Observation Data Analytics platform (EOS DA) and Space Electric Thruster Systems (SETS). If you have a related business and are looking for venture capital funding, submit your full business plan for review by Noosphere Ventures experts – [email protected]. For questions & feedback about the report write to [email protected].
Follow our Facebook page to know more about space investment
Read more from Noosphere Ventures:
- ASKfm celebrates the 10th Anniversary
- Q1 2020 Edition Of Venture Investments in Space Market
- Firefly Aerospace Achieves AS9100 Quality Certification
- Firefly signs launch agreement with Spaceflight
- In parallel with rocket development, Firefly launches lunar lander initiative
- Meet the Noosphere Ventures team at the 5th Annual SmallSat Symposium
- Q4 2019 Edition Of Venture Investments In Space Market
- Noosphere Ventures invests in D-Orbit
- Noosphere involved in more and more FAI projects
- Firefly Aerospace Announces DREAM Payload Participants