Q3 2019 Edition Of Venture Investments In Space Industry
Oct 24, 2019
Welcome to the Q3 2019 edition of Venture Investments in Space Industry.
Let’s take a look at a detailed report on venture investment in the space industry, prepared by Noosphere Ventures.
According to public figures collected by Noosphere Ventures, 60 rounds were closed in Q3 2019, with a total investment of US$409M. Nearly 146 funds participated in the funding. Most of the closed contracts were both early-stage and later-stage VC, and Accelerator/Incubator as well.
Almost half of the companies (44%) which received investment are in the US. Compare to Q2 2019 numbers, the European market share grew by 10%.
Among the top 3 biggest deals of Q3 2019 are:
- US$100M investment in Synspective – the investment will help strengthen the company’s SAR satellite development, manufacturing systems, and solutions development;
- US$70M investment in HawkEye 360 – this financing capitalizes the company’s business plan to include buildout and launch of the HawkEye 360 commercial satellite constellation and development of the company’s line of RF analytic products by 2021;
- US$40M investment in Spire, which operates a constellation of satellites that provide weather, tracking and other data. The funds will be used for further development of analytics products and expansion into the Asia-Pacific market.
The second group of largest funding deals sees Momentus Space (US$25.5M), PlanetIQ (US$18.7M), SWISSto12 (US$18.5M) and Ursa Major Technologies (US$15.5M).
Q3 report highlights Noosphere Ventures (investments in Firefly Aerospace), Space Angels Network (investments in SpaceX and Planet) and Seraphim Capital (investments in Spire and Iceye) as top funds with successful space-tech oriented portfolio.
About Noosphere Ventures
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with roots in Ukraine, Noosphere boasts a Texas-based satellite manufacturing company and an R&D facility in Dnipro, Ukraine fully equipped with 3D printers for testing satellite components.
Max Polyakov is the founder and advisor of a number of startups that have grown into international businesses. These include companies such as HitDymanics Ltd., IT-Ukraine, Cupid Plc. and Maxymiser Ltd.
Furthermore, Noosphere Ventures manages a global portfolio of companies with offices in 16 countries and 5,500 employees. Noosphere Ventures has invested over US$100M in the small-satellite launch vehicle startup Firefly Aerospace, as well as investing in the Earth Observation Data Analytics platform (EOS DA) and Space Electric Thruster Systems (SETS). If you have a related business and are looking for venture capital funding, submit your full business plan for review by Noosphere Ventures experts – [email protected]. For questions & feedback about the report write to [email protected].
Follow our Facebook page to know more about space investment
Read more from Noosphere Ventures:
- Max Polyakov’s Firefly Aerospace raised nearly $200 million of investments. The value of the company significantly exceeds $1 billion.
- Dr. Max Polyakov Purchases Majority Stake in Dragonfly Aerospace
- Noosphere Ventures aims to build an integrated space powerhouse: Q&A with managing partner Max Polyakov
- Noosphere Venture Partners Supports International Student Art Contest
- EOS Data Analytics to Launch the first agriculture-focused satellite constellation by 2024
- General Atomics Awards Contract to Firefly Aerospace Inc. to Launch NASA’s Multi-Angle Imager for Aerosols Mission
- NASA Awards Firefly Aerospace $93.3M to Deliver Suite of Payloads to the Moon in 2023
- SETS to Demonstrate In-Space Performance as Part of Firefly Aerospace’s Debut Alpha Launch
- Firefly Black Awarded NASA Venture Class Launch Services Demonstration 2 Contract
- EOS Data Analytics to Launch a Satellite with Dragonfly Multispectral Imagers in 2022